Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Ice VS Extension doesn't support "--output-dir" option

Hi,

The error I've got looks like:

[HTML]cmd.exe /c ""C:\Ice-3.3.1\bin\slice2cpp.exe" --depend -I"C:\Ice-3.3.1\slice" -I"..\..\Slice" --output-dir ICE/Generated "d:\_Work\C2B_Projects\MGS\Slice\Billing.ice""
cmd.exe /c ""C:\Ice-3.3.1\bin\slice2cpp.exe" -I"C:\Ice-3.3.1\slice" -I"..\..\Slice" --output-dir ICE/Generated --output-dir "D:\_Work\C2B_Projects\MGS\CreditBillingService\BillingService" "d:\_Work\C2B_Projects\MGS\Slice\Billing.ice""
C:\Ice-3.3.1\bin\slice2cpp.exe: `--output-dir:' option cannot be repeated[/HTML]

Please help.

Comments

• matthew
    matthew NL, Canada
    Yes, at present that isn't possible. What is your use case here?
  • Hi Matthew,

I used to separate generated skeletons and implementation. It's useful for filtering temporary files by a source control as well.

I have number of C++ projects (where slice-s treated via custom build steps) and C# projects (where slices treated via tweaking project file) and VS Extension looks like an excellent and generic solution. Unfortunately without "--output-dir" option the extension is not so attractive as it could be, at least for existing projects.

Is it planned to support this feature in the near future?
  • dwayne
    dwayne St. John's, Newfoundland
    Thanks for the feedback. We will look into changing this for the next release of the VS plugin. As of now there is no planned date for the next release.
  • xdm
    xdm La Coruña, Spain
    Hi Alex
    Is it planned to support this feature in the near future?

The latest Add-In update has support for set the output directory, see the announcement here