Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Ice Runtime native implementations in .NET & code source

Hello All,

I was looking the source code of the native implementations in C#.NET of Ice Runtime and I cannot found the code source of the public abstract interface Communicator

I tried to write an Ice Application (Printer example), with Mono.Net-MonoDevelop 2.0 -OpenSuse 11.2 , if I add the Ice.dll assembly to my project is working.
With the assembly navigator of MonoDevelop, I can see inside of the Ice.dll assembly the class Communicator .
If I look for it under all the Ice runtime .Net source code I download, I cannot find it .
I found the CommunicatorI class "sealed class CommunicatorI : Communicator"

Can you help me to understand and to find out the source code of the class Communicator, did I forget to download something ?

I found under java source code the class Communicator
"abstract class Communicator extends TreeNode implements DescriptorHolder"

PS : I am not able to build the source code of Ice runtime .net from scratch yet :-(
( I am newbise with Linux & mono & Ice)

Thanks in advance

Comments

• dwayne
    dwayne St. John's, Newfoundland
    The Communicator class is generated from the Communicator.ice slice file by the Slice-to-C# slice translator. The slice source file can be found in slice/Ice and the generated file can be found in cs/src/Ice/generated. The INSTALL.MONO file in the source distribution contains instructions for building Ice with Mono on linux.