Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

How can I know disconnection status ?

The sever and client of ICE are installed on different computer.If the client disconnected with the sever,then how the client of ICE know disconnection status?

Comments

• matthew
    matthew NL, Canada
    laotee wrote:
    The sever and client of ICE are installed on different computer.If the client disconnected with the sever,then how the client of ICE know disconnection status?

If you use active connection management in the server then the server can disconnect the client at any point. In general connection status is a poor indication of whether the peer, whether client or server, is still alive. Instead you would be well advised to use some other scheme, such as session management. The Glacier2 router provides session management APIs -- see issue 1 and 2 of Connections for information on why Glacier is a good thing. However, if this is too heavy See demo/Ice/session for an example of how to implement in a simple manner. The upcoming issue of Connections will have an article on this demo.

Regards, Matthew
  • Thanks for your help!
  • First,Thank you.
    But I don't understand what you said.Can you tell me more information about this question?

laotee
  • I don't find that article in ICE-1.5.1.Can you give me that example and article?
  • benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    Hi,

Check here: http://www.zeroc.com/newsletter

Benoit.
  • matthew
    matthew NL, Canada
    laotee wrote:
    First,Thank you.
    But I don't understand what you said.Can you tell me more information about this question?

laotee

I'm afraid all I could is rewrite my original response, but I doubt this would be helpful. What exactly would you like to know?

Regards, Matthew