Home Bug Reports

Ice 3.0.0 / Mac OS X 10.4.3, GCC 4.0.1

Hi

I'm trying to compile Ice 3.0.0 vith gcc 4.0.1, both in OS X 10.4.2 & 10.4.3

I get the follwing error:

=====
making all in IceSSL
c++ -c -I.. -I../../include -DICE_SSL_API_EXPORTS -I/usr/kerberos/include -g -ftemplate-depth-128 -Wall -D_REENTRANT SslTransceiver.cpp
SslTransceiver.cpp: In member function 'void IceSSL::SslTransceiver::showSessionInfo(BIO*)':
SslTransceiver.cpp:944: error: invalid conversion from 'int (*)()' to 'int (*)(...)'
SslTransceiver.cpp:944: error: initializing argument 1 of 'int PEM_ASN1_write_bio(int (*)(...), const char*, BIO*, char*, const EVP_CIPHER*, unsigned char*, int, int (*)(char*, int, int, void*), void*)'
make[2]: *** [SslTransceiver.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 1
====

This bug is also present in ice 2.1.2 and 2.1.1. I am using the GCC shipped with the newly released Xcode 2.2:
gcc --version gives this:
powerpc-apple-darwin8-gcc-4.0.1 (GCC) 4.0.1 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 5247)

Has anyone else encountered this error?

regards
/morten

Comments

• benoitbenoit Rennes, FranceAdministrators, ZeroC Staff Benoit FoucherOrganization: ZeroC, Inc.Project: Ice ZeroC Staff
    Hello,

Welcome to the forums! I'll be happy to answer your question once you set your signature, please check [thread=1697]this thread[/thread] for information on our support policy.

Thanks,

Benoit.
  • lindholmlindholm Member
    Now with .sig :-)

Hi,

Sorry for the lack of signature, it has been corrected now :-)

regards,
    /morten
  • benoitbenoit Rennes, FranceAdministrators, ZeroC Staff Benoit FoucherOrganization: ZeroC, Inc.Project: Ice ZeroC Staff
    Thanks for the report. Unfortunately, we didn't get time to test Xcode 2.2 before the 3.0 release as it was released shortly before :( This error was already reported in [thread=1735]this thread[/thread]. I suggest you to simply comment out line 944 in src/IceSSL/SslTransceiver.cpp. It should enable you to continue the build (this code is only used for debugging so it won't affect the functionality of the IceSSL plugin).

Benoit.