Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Object monitoring in IceGrid

Hi,
Currently I'm learning about IceGrid. A boundle of administrative tools are really helpful but I found it difficult to perform a "precise" query about object/server status. Particularly, how can I know about how many objects are incarnated within a server?
I looked into Ice::Locator, IceGrid::Query and IceGrid::Admin. But I found that most operations do a "global" search through the IceGrid. Perhaps I've missed something. A hint is really helpful, thank you:)

Comments

• marc
    marc Florida
    Please see this thread regarding our support policy here on these forums.
  • IceGridGUI does perfect categorization of information. But I just cant get the idea how to do it :confused:
  • Ok. Sorry I'm a freshman here.
  • benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    Welcome to the forums! There's no way to retrieve the number of objects incarnated by a server with IceGrid. The IceGrid registry only contains proxies for objects which are explicitely registered (either through the deployment mechanism, the admin tool or programatically). You can query registered objects with the IceGrid::Admin interface getAllObjectInfos method (see the Slice documentation for more information) or with the icegridadmin "object list" command.

Let us know if you need more information!

Cheers,
    Benoit.
  • Thank you. I'll see what I can do to work around.

It seems to me that IceGrid provides interface to retrieve the "least loaded node" defined with CPU load, instead of defining the schedule policy of myself. The reason why I care for object monitoring is also about performance and scheduling.

I went over several threads in this forum. It seems that someone else also meets the similar problem.
  • benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    Hi,

Yes, this was also mentioned in [thread=1869]this thread[/thread]... improving this is on our TODO list!

Benoit.