Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

How to get all contacts in phonebook demo?

I test phonebook in Ice-3.0.1\demo\Freeze\phonebook,It used index,It can find someone's contacts ,
Contacts
PhoneBookI::findContacts(const string& name, const Ice::Current& c) const
{
try
{
vector<Ice::Identity> identities = _index->find(name);

Contacts contacts;
contacts.reserve(identities.size());
transform(identities.begin(), identities.end(), back_inserter(contacts), IdentityToContact(c.adapter));

return contacts;
}
catch(const Freeze::DatabaseException& ex)
{
DatabaseException e;
e.message = ex.message;
throw e;
}
}
But if I want to find all contacts ,how to do it?It seems like there is no the function in the index class of slice2freeze,
any ideas?Thanks!

Comments

• matthew
    matthew NL, Canada
    You can use an iterator and iterate over the entire content of the phonebook. However, in general this isn't a very good idea since the database could contain millions of entries.
  • which container should I search?

Thanks matthew,but I dont see,which container should I search?Could u show me which container I should search?:confused:

Regards

ewiniar
  • Why?

in Ice-3.0.1\demo\Freeze\phonebook,It used index,I wonder how to list all contacts ,if I must define map in PhoneBook.ice?If not,then ,which container should I search?or other solution?Thanks!

Regards
  • matthew
    matthew NL, Canada
    You create an iterator on the evictor. See Evictor::getIterator. This will return an iterator that you can use to get all of the identities that are managed by the evictor. Once you have the identities you can do whatever you can create a proxy to the object using the identity and do whatever you like.
  • Thanks

Thanks matthew,I should investigate more carefully Ice manual,
    Thans more!

Regards