Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

noob using icegrid-gui

Hi,

This is a really basic question, I have looked at the manual but I not getting it.

I have icegridregistry running on one machine (192.168.0.173) and I'm trying to use icegrid-gui to connect to that machine and view the registry. But when I use the gui with endpoints default -h 192.168.0.173 -p 12000 I get a login failed error.

Could not create session:Ice.OperationNotExistException
c.a="SessionManager"
c.b="IceGrid"
d=""
e="createLocalSession"

What does this mean? Is there something I'm just totally not getting?

Thanks.

Comments

• matthew
    matthew NL, Canada
    It means you are almost certainly talking to an old version of the icegrid server.
  • icegridregistry --version gives me 3.1.0
    and I using icegrid-gui version 3.0.1

I installed ice from the ubuntu repositories, I've also set permissionverifier in the icegrid config file to the Null verifier.

not sure what I'm doing wrong...
  • benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    You're not using the right GUI version. You need to use the IceGrid GUI from the 3.1.x distribution to talk to a 3.1.x IceGrid registry.

Cheers,
    Benoit.
  • benoit wrote: »
    You're not using the right GUI version. You need to use the IceGrid GUI from the 3.1.x distribution to talk to a 3.1.x IceGrid registry.

Cheers,
    Benoit.

hmm so which version gui should I be using? I'm quite sure the gui came with the distribution...anyhow I'll double check and see. Thanks Benoit and Matthew
  • benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    Hi,

You should be using the 3.1.1 IceGrid GUI not 3.0.1 (it's available with the Ice for Java distribution which you can download from our web site here).

If the Ubuntu repository only contains the 3.0.1 version, I would recommend contacting the maintainer of the Ubuntu packages (note that these packages are not maintained by ZeroC).

Cheers,
    Benoit.