Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

ICE-E crash on WIN XP

Hi,

I am getting crash while running server of Hello World example shown in user manual. Crash is happening while executing following statement

Ice::ObjectAdapterPtr adapter = ic->createObjectAdapterWithEndpoints("SimplePrinterAdapter", "default -p 30000");

Here is the stack trace

kernel32.dll!7c8097be()
[Frames below may be incorrect and/or missing, no symbols loaded for kernel32.dll]
> icee12d.dll!IceUtil::Shared::__incRef() Line 202 + 0x11 bytes C++
icee12d.dll!IceInternal::Handle<IceInternal::ObjectAdapterFactory>::Handle<IceInternal::ObjectAdapterFactory>(const IceInternal::Handle<IceInternal::ObjectAdapterFactory> & r={...}) Line 325 C++
icee12d.dll!IceInternal::Instance::objectAdapterFactory() Line 166 + 0xf bytes C++
icee12d.dll!Ice::Communicator::createObjectAdapterWithEndpoints(const std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> > & name="SimplePrinterAdapter", const std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> > & endpoints="default -p 30000") Line 107 + 0x37 bytes C++
printer.exe!main(int argc=1, char * * * argv=0x003b7258) Line 31 + 0x76 bytes C++
printer.exe!__tmainCRTStartup() Line 586 + 0x19 bytes C
printer.exe!mainCRTStartup() Line 403 C
kernel32.dll!7c816fd7()
ntdll.dll!7c91056d()
icee12d.dll!IceInternal::RouterManager::get(const IceInternal::ProxyHandle<IceProxy::Ice::Router> & rtr={...}) Line 71 + 0x12 bytes C++
icee12d.dll!IceInternal::RouterManager::get(const IceInternal::ProxyHandle<IceProxy::Ice::Router> & rtr={...}) Line 71 + 0x12 bytes C++
fffc45c7()

Thanks
Yunis

Comments

• mes
    mes California
    Welcome to the forum!

Could you tell us which compiler and operating system you are using?

Thanks,
    Mark
  • Thanks Mark. Here is the info...

Compiler: cl ver 14.00.50727.42

Thanks
    Yunis
  • mes
    mes California
    As a first step, I just downloaded the Windows translator binaries and the Ice-E source code and compiled it on Windows XP using the same compiler as you (VS 2005). I had no trouble running the "minimal" demo client and server located in IceE-1.2.0\demo\IceE\minimal.

Can you successfully run any of the examples included with Ice-E?

Take care,
    Mark
  • I cannot build minimal example. iceec_staticd.lib is missing
    LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'iceec_staticd.lib'
  • mes
    mes California
    I recommend extracting a fresh copy of the Ice-E source distribution and building the entire source tree using the default configuration. Once you've confirmed that the sample programs are working, you can customize the Ice-E build to suit your needs. Note that any time you change the Ice-E build configuration, you should first clean the entire tree by running nmake /f Makefile.mak clean and then rebuild.

Let us know if you are still having trouble.

Regards,
    Mark
  • Thanks Mark. It worked..