Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

have any improve in distribute deployment?

I've used heavily in IcePack and IcePatch these days, the application described in xml and deployed on icenode is a great way, but I think there should be some improvement, and I want to know if you guys plan to do it in the future.

The main feature lacked is the deployment in dynamic. We now describ service on one node for a static service that is already installed on that node, the center deployment can start or stop them in an application pattern mode, but I think there should be a dynamic service installation method, so I neednot install a service on that node, I just give the new service a type Identity, and place the bin of that service on a component service such as IcePatch, and so I can describ this service just by its type Identity in xml, when node recieve the type Identity, it can use some dynamic component service to download that service's binary (or in a package form), and start it both in exe and dll form.

I'm sorry for my poor English for I'm a Chinese, but I think you guys can understand my thought, hope for your words on that.

Comments

• Futher more, the icepackregistry is a flat lookup service, so I don't know how to deploy it in a real world scale like DNS does. So I think there should be an inheritable name service bound with icepackregistry we can extend DNS's record type for Ice application. For instance of Email service, we can locate one email service in form: mailto:user@somedomain.domain, The new domain service and resolve "somedomain.domain" to one domain server, which bound with one icepackregistry, and then we send resource identifier of "user" to service identirier "mailto". Here we can consider "somedomain.domain" is the domain name in a huge scale name server which locate the icepackregistry, then "mailto" refer one adapter, and finally the "user" is the object identity.

Another feature, can add some association service in run time? for this is a basis in programming.
  • Role concept in node?

Mumm... I think there should be a Role concept in node, for now, our icepacknode has a name, but in an application pattern, we disscus in role, so there should be a map between name to role, and the application xml should describe service for every role, and a node get its role from role service then it query the icepackregistry to dynamic start its service bound with its role.

Well, I'll think it in detail these days, but I want to know your oppoion.