Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

how to write a plugin for ice use C++?

hello:

The IceSSL is too big, It's not a better sample, can you give me a simple demo?

Comments

• You could look at the TCP or UDP protocols in the Ice core. These are not plug-ins, but they show how to implement a protocol in general. You could then use IceSSL as an example for the plug-in part (i.e., the dynamic loading) only.
  • ok. I just need a function in Ice like AOP

I have some services in IceBox. now I need to modify each service: add a record to log file, when the interface function called. but I can't rebuild all service to add this future. how can I to do this?
  • matthew
    matthew NL, Canada
    I have some services in IceBox. now I need to modify each service: add a record to log file, when the interface function called. but I can't rebuild all service to add this future. how can I to do this?

I'm sorry, but its not clear what you want to accomplish. Perhaps you could give more detail about what you want to do, including some use-cases to better illustrate your example.

Regards, Matthew
  • IceBox.Service.A = ...
    IceBox.Service.B = ...
    IceBox.Service.C = ...

Now, I need to write a plugin for ICE, that can hold rach invoking to IceBox.Service.A and write a line to log file.

I like to see the ICE support plugin, that can hold the specific service function in IceBox, The plugin maybe do nothing, maybe reject the calling, maybe modify the return value....

If Ice can do this, it must give me great flexable. More time, we can not modify a service, because that is thired party module, but I can change that service to me by plugin like this. Is it pretty cool?