Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

how to use icepatch as win32 service?

how to use icepatch as win32 service?
thanks

Comments

• benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    Like other Ice services, the icepatchserver implements the Ice::Service interface described in the Chapter 8.3.2 of the Ice manual (2.0.0). I recommend to read this chapter for more information on how the Ice::Service class works and the various command line options available to services implementing this interface.

Below are steps to register the IcePatch server as a Windows service.

First create a configuration file for the IcePatch server, for example:
    IcePatch.Endpoints=tcp -p 10000 -h 192.168.0.1
    IcePatch.Directory=C:\tmpdata
    IcePatch.UpdatePeriod=60
    IcePatch.BusyTimeout=15
    Ice.UseEventLog=1

Please see the IcePatch chapter in the Ice manual for more information on these configuration properties. I assume that the location and name of this configuration file will be C:\icepatch.conf for example.

Then, to register IcePatch as a service, you can use the following command:

C:\Ice-2.0.0\bin> icepatchserver --install IcePatch --Ice.Config=C:\icepatch.conf

This will register the IcePatch server as a Windows service named IcePatch. The IcePatch server will be started with the "--Ice.Config=C:\icepatch.conf" command line option. Note that it's important to use an absolute path for the configuration file.

Benoit.
  • marc
    marc Florida
    Note that with the upcoming release, a new IcePatch (called IcePatch2) will be available, which is not compatible with the current one. I highly recommend to use this new version.