Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Ice 2.1 and MSVC++ 7.0

I just looked at the new Ice 2.1 and could only find .msi packages for MSVC++ 7.1

We currently use 7.0 so I was wondering if there was any chance that an installation package would come for that as well.

I tried downloading and installing the 7.1 version but when compiling I get the following warning:

C:\Ice-2.1.0\include\Ice\Proxy.h(375): warning C4031: second formal parameter list longer than the first list

And I was wondering if this warning is related to the MSVC++ version mismatch or has some other cause.

mvh

Nis

Comments

• I tried downloading and installing the 7.1 version but when compiling I get the following warning:

C:\Ice-2.1.0\include\Ice\Proxy.h(375): warning C4031: second formal parameter list longer than the first list

And I was wondering if this warning is related to the MSVC++ version mismatch or has some other cause.

Btw. I know it won't actually run as I need the 7.1 dlls for this package, I was just wondering about the compiler warning
  • marc
    marc Florida
    We de-supported Visual C++ 7.0 with the 2.1 release. You probably can still use Ice by building with Visual C++ 7.0 from source code, but we don't test with this compiler anymore.

<sales mode>

Of course if you have a commercial need for this particular compiler version, please contact us at sales@zeroc.com.

</sales mode>
  • bernard
    bernard Jupiter, FL
    Note that you can use any of the binary distributions even if you don't have a C++ compiler.

For Windows, we include the (redistributable) C/C++ runtime in each installer.

Of course to develop C++ applications with Ice, you need a C++ compiler and a compatible Ice for C++ build.

Best regards,
    Bernard