Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

escaping ${ } in xml descriptors

Due to an unfortunate collision between our internal variable syntax and Ice variable syntax, I'm faced with 'needing' to have a config param in an IcePack server xml descriptor of the form "${Server}/path". This of course fails, as IcePack tries to interpret it as an Ice variable.
A search of the forums and a look at the docs didn't shed any light - is it possible to escape the ${ and } notation so that the string gets passed through to the app? I've tried several 'obvious' candidates, but anything that succeeds in getting the variable ignored by IcePack gets passed through literally, so the escape characters are still present.
I've also tried defining a new variable with a *value* of "${Server}", and then letting IcePack expand it, but that appears to eval to null before my app gets to it.

Is my only option to change my internal variable syntax to avoid the collision?

Using Ice 2.0, and this problem is with a Java server - haven't tried C++, although I don't imagine it'll be different..

Comments

• benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    It's currently not possible to escape variables :( We will fix this ASAP. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Benoit.
  • benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    See [thread=1300]here[/thread] for a patch to fix this problem! You should now be able to escape ${Server} with $${Server}.

Benoit.