Has Ice been ported to any RTOS

recordrecord Member
WE are looking into using Ice between workstations and specialized systems using a Real Time OS. Has anyone ported Ice to a RTOS?

Comments

• bernardbernard Jupiter, FLAdministrators, ZeroC Staff Bernard NormierOrganization: ZeroC, Inc.Project: Ice ZeroC Staff
    I am not aware of any port of Ice to a RTOS. We're developping an embedded version of Ice (Ice-E) that would probably be more suitable for such port; the next issue of our Connections newsletter will give an overview of Ice-E.

Did you already select a specific RTOS? Which programming language do you plan to use?

Best regards,
    Bernard
  • recordrecord Member
    Doing trade study

We have not yet chosen an RTOS. We are looking at alternatives to CORBA and may need to embed in subsystems that are based on one, or more, RTOS's.
    Jim
  • sjhsjh Member
    You advertise you were selected for the FCS project. I was talking to the folks over at Lynx OS a few weeks ago - they also said they were selected for FCS - the OS in the tanks I think. Anyway, that made me wonder if ya'll were going to make a port to LynxOS and if this embedded ICE has anything to do with that.
  • marcmarc FloridaAdministrators, ZeroC Staff Marc LaukienOrganization: ZeroC, Inc.Project: The Internet Communications Engine ZeroC Staff
    Our first target platforms for Ice-E will be J2ME for Ice-E for Java, and Windows CE for Ice-E for C++. Other embedded operating systems will follow, depending on customer demand. We do not have any concrete plans to port ot LynxOS.
  • zhangzq71zhangzq71 Member ZhangZQOrganization: WanYiProject: Test ✭✭
    Very good, when the WindowsCE ICE-C++ can be released?
  • matthewmatthew NL, CanadaMember Matthew NewhookOrganization: ZeroC, Inc.Project: Internet Communications Engine ✭✭✭
    An initial version should be ready within the next two months. If you have a commercial need for this product please contact us at [email protected].

Regards, Matthew
  • MjollnirMjollnir Member
    hi, Matthew
    what about E-Ice now, can we read the source now,
    or could you introduce some detail about it
    I just can't wait for it :)
    matthew wrote:
    An initial version should be ready within the next two months. If you have a commercial need for this product please contact us at [email protected].

Regards, Matthew
  • matthewmatthew NL, CanadaMember Matthew NewhookOrganization: ZeroC, Inc.Project: Internet Communications Engine ✭✭✭
    Sorry, you'll just have to wait :)

Matthew