Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Two newbie questions.

1)
I installed a windows version of ICE and can run the demo
samples correctly following the readme.txt file.But if I want to debug one of the samples, the vc.net said the needed iced.dll and iceutil.dll not found althoug I have set the project options as readme said.
When I copied the dlls into the project,say helloS, now I can stepped into the program lines, but I gotten a exception :

.\PluginManagerI.cpp:182: Ice::PluginInitializationException:
plug-in initialization failed: unable to load entry point `IceSSL:create'
2) I also downloaded a source distribution of win32 version and try to build it by myself with a vc2003.net,
but failed due to many errors.

Hope getting helps.
Thanks in advance.

Best regards
OrNot

Comments

• benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    OrNot wrote:
    1)
    I installed a windows version of ICE and can run the demo
    samples correctly following the readme.txt file.But if I want to debug one of the samples, the vc.net said the needed iced.dll and iceutil.dll not found althoug I have set the project options as readme said.
    When I copied the dlls into the project,say helloS, now I can stepped into the program lines, but I gotten a exception :

.\PluginManagerI.cpp:182: Ice::PluginInitializationException:
    plug-in initialization failed: unable to load entry point `IceSSL:create'

Did you add the Ice-2.1.1\bin directory to your PATH before starting Visual Studio .NET 2003? You shouldn't need to manually copy them in the project directory, Visual Studio should find them as long as the debug DLLs are in your PATH. The error above is most likely caused by icessl21d.dll not being in your PATH or the project directory.
    OrNot wrote:
    2) I also downloaded a source distribution of win32 version and try to build it by myself with a vc2003.net,
    but failed due to many errors.

It should compile out of the box, what errors do you get? Please also specify the Ice version and operating system version you're using.

Benoit.
  • Thank you Benoit. I have resolved the two problems. I have not well configured the third-party stuff in my project
    before. OK now.