Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

What are the ICE-programming philosophies?

hi,
Sometimes, studying ice demo codes is one thing, while writting ice program is another thing. When I try to begin programming with ICE, I feel headache for it seems that all my C++ experiences cann't find their usages now. It is a very strange feeling.
Most of things in ICE are based on interfaces. In the demo codes , the interfaces' slice definitions are very compact. To keep the interfaces as compact as possible( more compact than in common c++ programs)is one of the ice philosophies? Are there some other philosophies which may lighten us in programming?
Of course, I notice that there will be a trainning course.BUT, can ICE give us some free advices? ;) .
After all, we love ICE so much..... :)

OrNot

Comments

• Each of the demos is meant to illustrate a particular aspect of Ice programming, so the interfaces are small to keep the code small and focused. There is no "philosophy" for Ice to say that interfaces should be small.

You should also check out the articles in the Ice newsletter--they discuss patterns and programming techniques that are generally applicable. And, of course, make sure that you read the Ice documentation.

Cheers,

Michi.