Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Question about the bidir demo program

I am playing with the java bidir demo program. The program works fine in the original form. [I just tried the C++ version, it has the same problem.]

But I found that if I made the Server wait longer (e.g. 300 seconds) to call the Client's callback, there will be an Ice.CloseConnectionException exception and the client would be removed from the Server's list. I am wondering if this is a bug and how I can make the wait time longer. I am sorry if this is mentioned in the manual, I am very new to the whole topic.

Thank you very much!

Comments

• mes
    mes California
    Hi,

I suspect you're seeing the connection being closed by the Ice run time's active connection management (ACM). ACM should be disabled when using bidirectional connections. I see that the configuration file for this demo does not disable it, which is a bug that we will fix. The configuration file should contain the following property:

Ice.ACM.Client=0

Try adding that to your configuration file to see if the problem is resolved.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Take care,
    - Mark
  • Hi, Mark:

Thank you very much for your prompt reply. The problem was solved after I disabled the ACM for the client. And I also found related discussion in the manual.

Thanks again.

Guo