Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Viewing client connections

Is there any way to view the list of clients currently connected (or which have references to) a given adapter? For instnace, if I have implemented a service which returns market data and I have multiple instances, is there a way to see which clients (servers/ports) are connected which instances?

Thanks,
Mayer

Comments

• mes
    mes California
    Hi,

There is no way for a program to query the object adapter to obtain a list of all of its connections. However, you can run the program with network and/or protocol tracing enabled. Also, the Ice::Current parameter that is provided to each servant operation contains an Ice::Connection member; you can call toString on this member to get connection information.

Take care,
    - Mark
  • Thanks Mark. I thought that was the case, but just wanted to be sure... I wrote a JMX wrapper for the service and wanted to be able to programmatically draw the connectivity graph from start to finish (including client connections) by polling the JMX server. The Ice::Current will be exposed for that method call but it doesn't allow me to accomplish what I was trying to do.

Thanks for the quick response,
    Mayer

mes wrote:
    Hi,

There is no way for a program to query the object adapter to obtain a list of all of its connections. However, you can run the program with network and/or protocol tracing enabled. Also, the Ice::Current parameter that is provided to each servant operation contains an Ice::Connection member; you can call toString on this member to get connection information.

Take care,
    - Mark