Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

TypeLoadException question

Hi!

I'm playing around with Ice and C# and the .net framework 2 beta.

Unfortunately, I receive a TypeLoadException ('Method 'getItem' in type 'MyApp.CMyInterfaceI' from assembly 'MyApp, ...' does not have an implementation).
The interface looks like
module MyApp
{
  interface CMyInterface
  {
    CItem* getItem();
  };
};

with an implementation like this:
namespace MyApp
{
    public sealed class CMyInterfaceI : MyApp._CMyInterfaceDisp
    {        
        public override CItemPrx getItem(Ice.Current current)
        {
            return something;
        }
    }  

Was the latest Ice version already tested against version 2 of the .net framework? What could I do to circumvent this problem?

cheers,

Stephan

Comments

• We haven't tested Ice against version 2 of .NET at this point. I have no idea why the loader complains. Can you use the object browser to have a look at the contents of the assembly and look for the missing method? That might get you a bit further.

Cheers,

Michi.
  • Sorry, I forgot to write a comment about this. The object browser gives correct output for the function in question:
    public abstract MyApp.CItemPrx getItem(Ice.Current __current)
       Member of MyApp._CMyInterfaceDisp

Should be correct, right?

Not sure if I made a mistake but even using a tie class doesn't seem to work in this case. When inheriting from _CMyInterfaceOperations and implementing the aforementioned function, the compiler complains that there is no function to override though having this in the object browser:
    MyApp.CItemPrx getItem(Ice.Current __current)
        Member of MyApp._CMyInterfaceOperations

Stephan
  • stephan wrote:
    When inheriting from _CMyInterfaceOperations and implementing the aforementioned function, the compiler complains that there is no function to override

Hmmm... Sure looks like a compiler bug to me. Does this happen for all interfaces or only for specific types?

At any rate, I suspect that there is nothing we can do about this other than to wait for Microsoft to fix the compiler.

Cheers,

Michi.