Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

ConnectionMonitor

How can I create the object of IceInternal.ConnectionMonitor and release it?
I only start the client ,so don't connect.I find there is a new thread in the client .it's name is Ice.ConnectionMonitor .How was the ConnectionMonitor created ,and how to release it?

Comments

• benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    Hi,

You shouldn't create or destroy it manually, it's managed by the Ice communicator instead.

It's started when the communicator is initialized and released when the communicator is destroyed. It's used by the Ice runtime to shutdown iddle connections (see the Chapter 33: Connection managemenet for more information) and enforce AMI timeouts. You can disable it with the Ice.MonitorConnections property. See the description of this property in Appendix C of the Ice manual.

Benoit.
  • Is there the problem of leak memory in ICE1.5.1?
    I am using ICE 1.5.1.
  • benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    Why do you think it could be leaking? (the thread should be destroyed when the communicator is destroyed.)

To answer your question, I don't believe there was any memory leaks related to the connection monitor thread in Ice 1.5.1. If you suspect such a problem however, I would recommend first to upgrade to the latest Ice 2.1.2 and see if you can reproduce it.

Benoit.
  • Some resource of ICE can be release,when My client program as a Windows service start. Michi suspect that the problem may be elsewhere in my server.
    I don't understand how do the server influence the resource of client,when I did't start the server.