Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Thread.cpp:413: IceUtil::ThreadSyscallException

I successfully compile and installed Ice-2.1.2
when i run "make test"
i got exception, so i go into the folder....

[root@localhost thread]# ./run.py
starting client... ok
running mutex test... ok
running countDownLatch test... ok
running thread start test... Thread.cpp:413: IceUtil::ThreadSyscallException:
thread syscall exception: No such process failed
test thread start failed
[root@localhost thread]# pwd
/root/Ice-2.1.2/test/IceUtil/thread

Comments

• benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    Hi,

Please edit your signature here to provide the information requested by our support policy.

In your previous post, you mentioned you were using "linux 9" (please always provide this information in a new forum thread). Is this Linux from the Redhat 9 distribution? If that's the case and if you're using NPTL (the new pthread implementation), could you try with the old pthread implementation? The first NPTL versions had some bugs which might be the cause of this test failure. To use the old pthread implementation, you can simply set the LD_ASSUME_KERNEL environment variable to 2.4.1:
      $ export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1

If you're using another distribution than Redhat 9, please provide more information on your distribution: the kernel version and the libc version for instance.

Thanks,

Benoit
  • benoit wrote:
    Hi,

Please edit your signature here to provide the information requested by our support policy.

In your previous post, you mentioned you were using "linux 9" (please always provide this information in a new forum thread). Is this Linux from the Redhat 9 distribution? If that's the case and if you're using NPTL (the new pthread implementation), could you try with the old pthread implementation? The first NPTL versions had some bugs which might be the cause of this test failure. To use the old pthread implementation, you can simply set the LD_ASSUME_KERNEL environment variable to 2.4.1:
      $ export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1

If you're using another distribution than Redhat 9, please provide more information on your distribution: the kernel version and the libc version for instance.

Thanks,

Benoit

thanks you very much.