Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

problem about ICE2.1.2 be used in VC71

Hello,
I want to do a Web Service use VC71' ATL Server Web Service project, when I include the *.h and *.cpp (complied by slice2cpp) into the project, compling is ok, but I can't use IE to test. I don't know why, I want to know if I can do this.
Thanks.

yu yang
North China Institute of Computer Technology
TerraMap GIS platform projection

Comments

• matthew
    matthew NL, Canada
    In theory this should work. I've used the Ice for C# in the past in a VC7.1 generated web service and it worked perfectly.
  • I have tried the project for many times, but it still didn't work. Now, I will give the details of the problem, and hope someone can help me. Because I want to know weather it's my error or I can't do as that at all.

What I have done as follows:
    (1) Use ATL Server Web Service template of VC71 to produce a project named test_dll_in_service.sln (Please see the attachment).

(2) Set the settings of the project like:
    Link Project Options:
    /OUT:"Debug/test_dll_in_service.dll" /INCREMENTAL /NOLOGO /LIBPATH:"C:\Ice-2.1.2\lib" /LIBPATH:"C:\Ice-2.1.2-ThirdParty\lib" /DLL /IDLOUT:"_test_dll_in_service.idl" /DEBUG /PDB:"Debug/test_dll_in_service.pdb" /SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWS /IMPLIB:"Debug/test_dll_in_service.lib" /MACHINE:X86 iced.lib iceutild.lib kernel32.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib winspool.lib comdlg32.lib advapi32.lib shell32.lib ole32.lib oleaut32.lib uuid.lib odbc32.lib odbccp32.lib

C/C++ project Options:
    /Od /I "C:\Ice-2.1.2\include" /I "C:\Ice-2.1.2-ThirdParty\include" /D "WIN32" /D "_WINDOWS" /D "_DEBUG" /D "_USRDLL" /D "_ATL_ATTRIBUTES" /D "_MBCS" /D "_WINDLL" /D "_ATL_STATIC_REGISTRY" /Gm /EHsc /RTC1 /MDd /GR /Fo"Debug/" /Fd"Debug/vc70.pdb" /W3 /nologo /c /Wp64 /ZI /TP

(3) Compile the project and test the result.(The VS71 will deploy the test_dll_in_service.dll to IIS Server automaticly on the local host.)
    The method of test the result is using the address of "http://localhost:80/test_dll_in_service/test_dll_in_service.dll?Handler=Gentest_dll_in_serviceWSDL" to test in IE.
    Up to now, everything is OK, I can get the WSDL in IE.

(4) Add vdpice.h and vdpice.cpp(produced by vdpice.ice used slice2cpp.exe) to the project.

(5) Compile the project and test the result again. This time I can't get the WSDL in IE.

If you had installed the IIS Server and VS71, the problem can be recoverd.

Thanks.

yu yang
    North China Institue of Computer Technology
    TerraMap GIS platform projection
  • I'm sorry, but I'm afraid investigating this code is beyond the scope of the free support we can provide in this forum. If you would like to purchase commercial support and consulting services, please contact us at sales@zeroc.com.
  • Thanks anyway.

In fact, the project is just a test of my graduate paper, not for the commercial purpose. And I thought the problem was simply for you and been included in the scope of the free support you can provide in this forum, I am sorry.And I am afraid of that I can't purchase the commercial support, sorry.