Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Loading properties file in MFC sample

Hi,
I cann't make it working for me: the way you load the config file in the MFC sample client application. The property->load operation throws the SysCallException. Is this problem about making the caller having read permissions (p. 27.8.4)? What I am missing here?
BTW, my client is MFC dll.
Thank you
Yuri

Comments

• Please see this thread regarding our support policy here on these forums:

http://www.zeroc.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=1697
  • I am sorry, Mark, I've updated my signature and profile. The company I am working for is small one and currently does not have a web site.
  • As SyscallException usually indicates that the file can either not be found, or that you do not have permissions to read the file. I recommend to double-check the file path and permissions.
  • Thanks Marc,
    the full file path worked for me...
    Best Reqards
  • Marc,
    Anyways, let me ask again about saving properties: All I need is just a direction, I think. Just haven't done it. If it's still beyond the scope of support, then ok, thanks anyway...

One can save the list of props using config file as a storage and then re-use them using API, or it's just .txt or .ini file that should be used for storage along with functions like WritePrivateProfileString(..)?

Thank you
  • Use this function to get all properties from a property set (Ice::Properties):
        /**
         * Get all properties whose keys begins with
         * <replaceable>prefix</replaceable>. If
         * <replaceable>prefix</replaceable> is an empty string,
         * then all properties are returned.
         * @return The matching property set.
         **/
        PropertyDict getPropertiesForPrefix(string prefix);

Then iterate over all properties and save them in a file.