Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

IcePatch2/Util.cpp namespace resolution problem on Solaris 10 / Sun Studio 10

I downloaded Ice-3.0.0 from the latest available sources this morning and have been building it for Solaris 10 on the Sun Studio 10 C++ compiler. I'm not sure of the compiler and OS patch levels off the top of my head unfortunately, but I can provide this info if you think it might help.

During the build, the compilation for the above object fell over as scandir and alphasort were redefined between in the__sun #ifdef at the top of the file. Once upon a time, I dare say these functions weren't in the C library that came with SunOS and Solaris, but by the looks of things they are now.

In my case, I just qualified the 2 functions with a NonSol10 namespace and qualified the scandir and alphasort entries in line 510 with the global namespace to keep the build moving

This problem isn't exactly a show stopper and I know neither Solaris 10 nor Sun Studio 10 are supported, but I thought it worthwhile to alert you to this problem in case other people get a similar issue with recent Solaris toolchains.

Cheers,

Shamal

Comments

• Thanks for letting us know! Glad to hear that it wasn't too hard to work around the problem.

Cheers,

Michi.