About Ice::Stats interface

OrNotOrNot Member Bin.LiOrganization: GE HealthcareProject: Enterprise solution
hi,
Because I am not proficient at middleware stuff, I do not know if it is feasible or reasonable to provide much more information about network traffics to users.I notice the Ice::Stats interface,which can intercept the transiver and give some info about the bytes (sent or read). However ,the infomation seems very raw and insufficient.
When I make my own patch server, I want to monitor ervey trafic of the current connetions to my server , but I can not figue out one feasible method based on ice. Maybe I miss or misunderstand something about ice, so I post this question here.
Hope getting your clarifying.

TIA
OrNOt

Comments

• matthewmatthew NL, CanadaMember Matthew NewhookOrganization: ZeroC, Inc.Project: Internet Communications Engine ✭✭✭
    What information do you want to know specifically?
  • OrNotOrNot Member Bin.LiOrganization: GE HealthcareProject: Enterprise solution
    hi, matthrew,
    how to get the sent or received bytes corresponding to every connection ? The StatsI may give out these info but no info from which connection.
    I want to implement something like this:

Remote Address Local Address Recevied bytes sent bytes
    1.1.1.2: 100 2.2.2.2: 100 222222 444444
    3.3.3.3: 200 2.2.2.2: 55 6666 7777
  • marcmarc FloridaAdministrators, ZeroC Staff Marc LaukienOrganization: ZeroC, Inc.Project: The Internet Communications Engine ZeroC Staff
    You cannot access such information using the Ice::Stats interface. The only solution would be to write a custom logger that keeps track of the network trace data that you get if you set Ice.Trace.Network=3.
  • OrNotOrNot Member Bin.LiOrganization: GE HealthcareProject: Enterprise solution
    hi, Marc,
    Do you think it is right to add some trace messages to the Stats interface then end users can get more info about the network in programs even without logger?