Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Problems viewing/downloading using 2 browsers

I'm trying to download the Windows installer .msi file using Mozillla 1.4 and all I get is a bunch of what looks like binary stuff in a window when I click on it. I successfully downloaded 3.0 .zip source files, but the .msi file I cannot do. I have successfully downloaded previous versions of the .msi ( for 1.3 and 1.4 ), but can't do it for 3.0. THere is also a problem with scrolling in Mozilla. The vertical scroll bar for each window is clipped. No big deal as I can navigate via page up/down, but fyi.

Tried doing the .msi download using Internet Explorer, version 5.00.3502.1000 under Windows 2000, but when I go the www.zeroc.com, everything under the "Welcome to ZeroC" frame is garbled.

So for now, I can't download what we need. Is there an ftp site I can connect to to get the .msi?

Thanks,
Brian

Comments

• mes
    mes California
    Hi Brian,

You can use FTP to download the files:

ftp.zeroc.com:pub/Ice/3.0

Regarding the binary downloads with Mozilla: I use Firefox and don't have any problems. Firefox also allows you to right-click on a link and use the option "Save Link As..." to download the contents of the link. Perhaps Mozilla has a similar function.

Take care,
    - Mark
  • Thanks Mark,

I used the "Save Link As...". I've heard good things about FireFox so I'll take a look at it.

Brian