Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

how to replace file-in-use

Although my problem is not directly related to ICE. but while I am thinking about how to use IcePatch2, I have to face the problem.

If anyone here has once used IcePatch2. can you give me a hint about how to replace file-in-use gracefully?

Thanks

Kan

Comments

• matthew
    matthew NL, Canada
    By in-use you mean files that are served by IcePatch2? If so, you have to shutdown the icepatch server, replace the file, recalculate the checksums and restart.
  • matthew wrote:
    By in-use you mean files that are served by IcePatch2? If so, you have to shutdown the icepatch server, replace the file, recalculate the checksums and restart.

Matthew, here I do not mean files used by icepatch server, but by our application. When I replicated files from server to distributed clients, i hope to find a way to replace file-in-use without complicated design. I heard that microsoft has some tools such as inuse, zap to replace system file-in-use, but i tried, not work for my running exe file.
  • benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    Hi,

I recommend to ask such a question on the Microsoft newsgroups instead. I'm not aware of any easy way to do this. One solution could be to copy the files to another location and use this copy. This would allow you to overwrite the original files.

Benoit.