Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

got some errors when compiling Ice-3.0.0 in Mac osX 10.4

here is the compiler version,
Bruce:~/Desktop/ice/Ice-3.0.0 zzq$ c++ --version
powerpc-apple-darwin8-g++-4.0.0 (GCC) 4.0.0 20041026 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 4061)
Copyright (C) 2004 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO
warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

Bruce:~/Desktop/ice/Ice-3.0.0 zzq$

here is the error message,

Bruce:~/Desktop/ice/Ice-3.0.0 zzq$ make
making all in src
making all in IceUtil
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
making all in icecpp
making all in Slice
making all in slice2cpp
making all in slice2cs
making all in slice2vb
making all in slice2freeze
making all in slice2freezej
making all in slice2docbook
making all in slice2java
making all in slice2py
making all in Ice
making all in IceXML
making all in IceSSL
c++ -c -I.. -I../../include -DICE_SSL_API_EXPORTS -I/Users/zzq/Desktop/ice/openssl-0.9.8/include -I/usr/kerberos/include -O2 -DNDEBUG -ftemplate-depth-128 -Wall -D_REENTRANT OpenSSLPluginI.cpp
OpenSSLPluginI.cpp: In constructor `IceSSL::OpenSSLPluginI::OpenSSLPluginI(const IceInternal::ProtocolPluginFacadePtr&)':
OpenSSLPluginI.cpp:190: error: no matching function for call to 'Ice::LocalObject::LocalObject(const void**)'
../../include/Ice/LocalObject.h:27: note: candidates are: Ice::LocalObject::LocalObject()
../../include/Ice/LocalObject.h:27: note: Ice::LocalObject::LocalObject(const Ice::LocalObject&)
OpenSSLPluginI.cpp:190: error: no matching function for call to 'Ice::Plugin::Plugin(const void**)'
../../include/Ice/Plugin.h:84: note: candidates are: Ice::Plugin::Plugin()
../../include/Ice/Plugin.h:84: note: Ice::Plugin::Plugin(const Ice::Plugin&)
OpenSSLPluginI.cpp:190: error: no matching function for call to 'IceSSL::Plugin::Plugin(const void**)'
../../include/IceSSL/Plugin.h:88: note: candidates are: IceSSL::Plugin::Plugin()
../../include/IceSSL/Plugin.h:88: note: IceSSL::Plugin::Plugin(const IceSSL::Plugin&)
make[2]: *** [OpenSSLPluginI.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 1
Bruce:~/Desktop/ice/Ice-3.0.0 zzq$

Thank you for your help!

Comments

• benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    Hi,

Ice 3.0 doesn't compile with GCC 4.0 because of a GCC bug. You have 2 options to compile Ice on Mac OS X 10.4.x:
    • Use GCC 3 (you can switch your default compiler to gcc 3 with the "gcc_select 3" command).
    • Download the latest XCode 2.2 from the Apple developer connection web site which includes GCC 4.0.1. Then, take a look a the instructions from [thread=1872]this thread[/thread] and [thread=1735]this thread[/thread] to workaround another (minor) compilation issue.

Benoit.
  • benoit wrote:
    Hi,

Ice 3.0 doesn't compile with GCC 4.0 because of a GCC bug. You have 2 options to compile Ice on Mac OS X 10.4.x:
    • Use GCC 3 (you can switch your default compiler to gcc 3 with the "gcc_select 3" command).
    • Download the latest XCode 2.2 from the Apple developer connection web site which includes GCC 4.0.1. Then, take a look a the instructions from [thread=1872]this thread[/thread] and [thread=1735]this thread[/thread] to workaround another (minor) compilation issue.

Benoit.

Thanks, I am downloading the new xcode, I will report the result later.