Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Question about Glacier2

Hello.

I have two questions about Glacier2.

1. How to get remote client address in Glacier2::PermissionsVerifier::checkPermissions(const string& usrId, const string& password, string& reason, const Current& current) ?

2. How to farword context after Glacier2::PermissionsVerifier::checkPermissions to Glacier2::SessionManager::create(const string& userId, const Ice::Current& current) ?

Thank you!:)

Comments

• bernard
    bernard Jupiter, FL
    Hello,

Welcome to our forums! Before we can answer your question, please provide your signature as described in this post

Cheers,
    Bernard
  • I am ready now.:)
  • benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    Hi,
    shoulder wrote:
    Hello.
    1. How to get remote client address in Glacier2::PermissionsVerifier::checkPermissions(const string& usrId, const string& password, string& reason, const Current& current) ?

Sorry, it's not possible to get the client remote address from this method.
    2. How to farword context after Glacier2::PermissionsVerifier::checkPermissions to Glacier2::SessionManager::create(const string& userId, const Ice::Current& current) ?

I'm afraid, Glacier2 currently doesn't forward the context to the session manager create method. I can't think of any reasons why it shouldn't though, we'll discuss this internally and eventually change this. Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

Cheers,
    Benoit.
  • Was there any discussion of whether the context could/should also be passed to session.destroy() from router.destroySession()?

I'm trying to correlate identification information from the client which is passed on createSession() with the destroySession() call.
  • I had been looking for the following post to repy to, but found it a bit too late:

http://www.zeroc.com/forums/help-center/2072-problem-passing-context-map-createsession.html

Cheers,
    ~Josh.