Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

How to minimize the response time?

I use icegrid to construct the registry and nodes, create three servers with replica-group, round loading-balance. So it is enough for the client with the registry's info(by setting the Ice.Default.Locator property) to connect to a server.

My problem is that the server's response time is to long, sometimes > 30s,
although the server has already run on the node.

there are any properties to set to solve this problem?

some settings in my cfg file:

IceGrid.Registry.Client.ThreadPool.Size=4
IceGrid.Registry.Client.ThreadPool.SizeMax=8
IceGrid.Registry.DefaultTemplates=config/templates.xml
IceGrid.Registry.NodeSessionTimeout=60

IceGrid.Node.WaitTime=5
IceGrid.Node.ThreadPool.Size=10
IceGrid.Node.ThreadPool.SizeMax=15

Ice.ACM.Client=60
Ice.ACM.Server=60

Comments

• my program is running in a LAN, so there is no problem with the network speed
  • benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    Hi,

Could you enable location, network and protocol tracing on your client to see what is taking so long and post the traces here? To enable tracing, you can start your client with the following command line arguments: --Ice.Trace.Network=2 --Ice.Trace.Protocol --Ice.Trace.Location=2 --Ice.Logger.Timestamp=1 (you can also add these properties to your client config file).

Cheers,
    Benoit.
  • matthew
    matthew NL, Canada
    Typically these problems are caused by advertising network addresses that are not reachable by the client. For example, if you run VMware on a Windows box lots of network interfaces are created which can only be reached from the local host. If you run a server on this machine then it will advertise ALL network addresses by default (including the unreachable VMware interfaces) and then your network clients will be extremely slow since they may try the unreachable interfaces first.
  • thank you,benoit
    thank you,matthew

Your help is very important!