Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

fatal error C1189: #error : "Ice for Visual C++ 6.0 requires STLport"

I download Ice-3.0.0 for VC6, after install it. and generate the .cpp and .h files.But when I compile these .cpp, the error "Ice for Visual C++ 6.0 requires STLport" happened.
I install the STLport, but these error still exist. why this happen?

Comments

• benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    Hi,

I assume you have downloaded the VC60 binary installer. If that's the case, you need to add both the Ice-3.0.0\include and Ice-3.0.0\include\stlport directories to the include directory list from the Visual C++ options (in the IDE, choose Tools->Options->Directories). Check Ice-3.0.0\README.txt for more information on how to configure Visual Studio to compile Ice applications.

Benoit.
  • from the command line?

I got ICE application to compile from inside Visual Studio 6. Now i'm trying it from the command line.

Is this OK?

CPPFLAGS += -I "C:\Ice-3.0.0-VC60\include\stlport"
    CPPFLAGS += -I "C:\Ice-3.0.0-VC60\include"
    CPPFLAGS += -L "C:\Ice-3.0.0-VC60\lib"

Now, how do i ensure that stlport is picked up before the C++ standard libraries are picked up?
  • bernard
    bernard Jupiter, FL
    You just need to ensure that the STLPort include directory is listed before the Visual C++ directories on your command line.

How to achieve that depends on your Makefile and make system, and has nothing to do with Ice.

Cheers,
    Bernard
  • Have solved the problem!
    bernard wrote:
    You just need to ensure that the STLPort include directory is listed before the Visual C++ directories on your command line.

How to achieve that depends on your Makefile and make system, and has nothing to do with Ice.

Cheers,
    Bernard

Attention:Must ensure " the STLPort include directory is listed before the Visual C++ directories on your command line", otherwise it doesn't work!