Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Perhaps an error in Filesystem example

Hello,
I have an error while I compile under Linux the example of the Filesystem contained in the reference manual.
The error is related to the Client part of the example, where I get this message:
class Filesystem::Directory’ has no member named ‘addChild’ in FilesystemI.cpp.

I am pretty sure to have written the code properly.

Thanks in advance

With my best regards

Alberto

Comments

• benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    Hi,

Which source code do you use to compile the example? The source code in the Ice 3.0.1 manual and from demo/book/simple_filesystem looks correct.

If you just copied the code from the manual, can you make sure the the type of the "_parent" attribute in the declaration of the NodeI class is "DirectoryIPtr" and not "DirectoryPtr"?

Cheers,
    Benoit.
  • benoit wrote:
    Hi,

Which source code do you use to compile the example? The source code in the Ice 3.0.1 manual and from demo/book/simple_filesystem looks correct.

If you just copied the code from the manual, can you make sure the the type of the "_parent" attribute in the declaration of the NodeI class is "DirectoryIPtr" and not "DirectoryPtr"?

Cheers,
    Benoit.

Thank you for your suggestion!
    I'm sorry, I've made a misspelling in
    typedef IceUtil::Handle<DirectoryI> DirectoryIPtr; writing Directory instead of DirectoryI

I learnt that it's very important to take care of what I'm writing in the code, because it's not so easy to know that such error could have been caused by this mispelling.

Thanks again! You have been really kind.
    (I'm using the code in the 3.0.1 version)

Cheers

Alberto