Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

begining with Ice

i have just started with ice and althought it had been little hard now i have my first two executables client an server (with the sample "Printer" in the guide) but when i run the client after the server, the client "peta"=finished and it says :
F:\yos\icevscorba\programas ice>cliente
c:\src\vc60\stage\Ice-3.0.1\src\ice\Outgoing.cpp:359: Ice::ObjectNotExistExcepti
on:
object does not exist
identity: SimplePrinterAdapter
facet:
operation: ice_isA
"

in addition i haven`t installed nothing about ice in c: ¿why does it appear that?

anybody can she/he help me, please?

Thak you very much.. Gracias

Comments

• mes
    mes California
    Welcome to the forum.

Please update your signature as described in this announcement.

Thanks,
    - Mark
  • Yos wrote:
    i have just started with ice and althought it had been little hard now i have my first two executables client an server (with the sample "Printer" in the guide) but when i run the client after the server, the client "peta"=finished and it says :
    F:\yos\icevscorba\programas ice>cliente
    c:\src\vc60\stage\Ice-3.0.1\src\ice\Outgoing.cpp:359: Ice::ObjectNotExistExcepti
    on:
    object does not exist
    identity: SimplePrinterAdapter
    facet:
    operation: ice_isA
    "

in addition i haven`t installed nothing about ice in c: ¿why does it appear that?

anybody can she/he help me, please?

Thak you very much.. Gracias
  • mes
    mes California
    It looks like you are using the wrong object identity. Instead of "SimplePrinterAdapter", you should be using "SimplePrinter".

By the way, you can find the source code for the printer example in the directory demo\book\printer of the Ice distribution.

Take care,
    - Mark
  • terminate it in an unusual way.

Ok you have reason, i changed in the client "simplePrinterAdapter" for "simplePrinter" and all compile ok but when i run the client says me :

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
    Please contact the application's support team for more information.

:(:(:(

No information, no errors, no nothing... anything idea?

Un saludo, thanks
  • matthew
    matthew NL, Canada
    I would guess that you've mismatched the runtime libraries. You probably built your application with debugging, and linked with the release Ice libraries, or vice-versa.
  • Maybe A mistake in makefile?

It's possible that had a problem in makefile because i Tried to pass the instructions in the guide for compile in Unix to windows. I used too the old structure of a makefile for Corba, and i get this build and link (makefile, run with nmake):

todo: cliente.exe server.exe

server.exe: server.obj Printer.obj
    link.exe Server.obj Printer.obj Ice.lib IceUtil.lib /libpath:"f:\Ice-3.0.1-VC60\lib"

cliente.exe: cliente.obj Printer.obj
    link.exe cliente.obj Printer.obj Ice.lib IceUtil.lib /libpath:"f:\Ice-3.0.1-VC60\lib"

Printer.obj: Printer.cpp Printer.h
    CL Printer.CPP /MD /W3 /GX /O2 /I "f:\Ice-3.0.1-VC60\include" /I "f:\yos\icevscorba\programas ice" /I "f:\Ice-3.0.1-VC60\include\stlport" /I "f:\Ice-3.0.1-VC60\lib" /D "WIN32" /D "NDEBUG" /D "_CONSOLE" /D "_MBCS" /FD /c

cliente.obj: cliente.cpp Printer.h
    CL cliente.CPP /MD /W3 /GX /O2 /I "f:\Ice-3.0.1-VC60\include" /I "f:\yos\icevscorba\programas ice" /I "f:\Ice-3.0.1-VC60\include\stlport" /I "f:\Ice-3.0.1-VC60\lib" /D "WIN32" /D "NDEBUG" /D "_CONSOLE" /D "_MBCS" /FD /c

server.obj: server.cpp Printer.h
    CL server.CPP /MD /W3 /GX /O2 /I "f:\Ice-3.0.1-VC60\include" /I "f:\yos\icevscorba\programas ice" /I "f:\Ice-3.0.1-VC60\include\stlport" /I "f:\Ice-3.0.1-VC60\lib" /D "WIN32" /D "NDEBUG" /D "_CONSOLE" /D "_MBCS" /FD /c

Does it appear here that problem with the libraries, debugging and release?

PD:Sorry for my english i try to explain me as well as i can:o
  • matthew
    matthew NL, Canada
    Did you try compiling with debugging information and running under the debugger to see what the problem is? I also found this support note:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/884538

Perhaps this could solve your problem?