Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

IceStorm service & icestormadmin

hi.
i deploy the IceStorm as a service into IcePack,
the endpoints is set to "tcp", so the port can be selected by IcePack, yes, that's what i expected.

and then, i have questions about how to use icestormadmin.

1. how to set the value of this property "IceStorm.TopicManager.Proxy"?

2. does icestormadmin invoke findObjectByType("::IceStorm::TopicManager")?

Comments

• marc
    marc Florida
    Please see this post regarding our support policy here on these forums.
  • marc wrote:
    Please see this post regarding our support policy here on these forums.

thank you. i have updated my signature, is it enough?
    btw, i am using Ice-2.1.2 under linux.
  • benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    Hi,
    canyoudink wrote:
    hi.
    1. how to set the value of this property "IceStorm.TopicManager.Proxy"?

You should set it to an indirect proxy if you have declared the IceStorm adapter in the deployment descriptor. An indirect proxy has the form ID @ ADAPTERID where:
    • ID is the object identity of the TopicManager, for IceStorm it's SERVICENAME/TopicManager (where SERVICENAME is the service name specified in the deployment descriptor).
    • ADAPTERID is the identifier of the TopicManager object adapter. If you didn't explicitly specified it in the object adapter descriptor, it's default value will be: SERVERNAME.SERVICENAME.TopicManager where SERVERNAME if the name of the server specified in the deployment descriptor (you can also use the icepackadmin "adapter list" command to see the list of adapter identifiers registered with IcePack).

So in short, assuming you didn't specify the id of the topic manager object adapter, this proxy should be "SERVICENAME/TopicManager @ SERVICENAME.SERVERNAME.TopicManager".
    2. does icestormadmin invoke findObjectByType("::IceStorm::TopicManager")?

No, you need to provide the indirect proxy of the TopicManger object with the property.

If this doesn't work, please provide the deployment descriptors for your IceStorm service as well as the output of the "adapter list" icepackadmin command.

Cheers,
    Benoit.
  • it works

thank you, Benoit.
    the "indirect proxy" is a very good idea! so it works now.
    :) thank you very much.