Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

How to shutdown a service instead of a Icebox server?

Is there a simple way to selectively shutdown a service running in an IceBox server instead of shutting down the IceBox server and other services running in it?

Comments

• bernard
    bernard Jupiter, FL
    Hi,

Please update your signature as described on this post.

Regards,
    Bernard
  • Could you be a bit more specific about what is missing in my signature?
  • benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    It's all described here http://www.zeroc.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=1697, if you want ZeroC staff to answer your question, you need to include your full name, the URL of your company, university or organization and the name of the Ice project you're working on (with an URL if possible).

Cheers,
    Benoit.
  • Let me know if I meet your signature requirement.
  • bernard
    bernard Jupiter, FL
    Hi Deqing,

Yes, your signature looks good now.

IceBox, or more precisely the IceBox ServiceManager, does not let you shut down a single service: you can only shut down the entire IceBox server.

A solution is to define your own Slice interface with a shutdown() operation, implement it in your Service, and use this interface/operation to shutdown just your service.

It should be possible to add a stopService() operation to IceBox::ServiceManager. But then we'd probably want a startService() as well, to be able to restart a stopped service.

Are you using a commercial copy of Ice? Enhancement requests from commercial customers have higher priority.

Best regards,
    Bernard
  • As far as I know, the paperwork for a commercial license is near completion.