Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

IceE and Blackberry

I'm just curious to know if anyone has tried to run an IceE (java) application off of a blackberry and if yes is there a sample project that I can look at. I believe that the blackberry supports MIDP 2.0 and CLDC 1.1 so I'm guessing it should be possible. (I've just downloaded the blackberry JDE but I seem to be getting some weird errors, so I am trying to determine if it is my environment.)

Thanks,
Mayer

Comments

• To respond to my own message... It seems that IceE does work on the BlackBerry (at least in the emulator). The one thing I did have trouble with was using the BlackBerry supplied tool to convert the IceE.jar to a .cod file. For some reason it never completed properly. In order to compile my app, I imported all of the IceE source .java files (including the ones generated using the slice compiler) into the BlackBerry project and the it seemed to be ok.
  • marc
    marc Florida
    I'm glad to hear that you got it to work. Of course, if you plan to develop a commercial application for Blackberry, we can also "officially" support this platform. In this case, please contact us at info@zeroc.com.