Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

activation failure!How to debug icegridnode with gdb?

I use
icegridnode --Ice.Config=config.icegrid --warn
to start icegrid,In another terminal ,I use
icegridadmin --Ice.Config=config.icegrid
to deploy my test program,when I run
server start FwCmdOpManager
to activate FwCmdOpManager server ,
icegridnode report
[ icegridnode: Server: changed server `FwCmdOpManager' state to `Activating' ]
[ icegridnode: Activator: activating server `FwCmdOpManager'
path = icebox
pwd =
args = icebox --Ice.Config=/home/ljs/NW/etc/../db/icegrid/node/servers/FwCmdOpManager/config/config --Ice.Default.Locator=NwIceGrid/Locator:tcp -h 127.0.0.1 -p 12000 --Ice.ServerId=FwCmdOpManager ]
[ icegridnode: Activator: activated server `FwCmdOpManager' (pid = 11435) ]
[ icegridnode: Server: changed server `FwCmdOpManager' state to `WaitForActivation' ]
Try to start FwCmdOpServiceI
adapter name: FwCmdOpManager created ok
[ icegridnode: Activator: detected termination of server `FwCmdOpManager'
signal = SIGSEGV ]
[ icegridnode: Adapter: server `FwCmdOpManager' adapter `FwCmdOpManager.FwCmdOpManager.FwCmdOpManager' deactivated ],
I find pid of icegridnode ,attach it with gdb,but I can't stace in my FwCmdOpManager server,How to debug icegridnode with gdb?

Thanks !
Regards!

Comments

• benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    Hi,

Attaching the debugger to the icegridnode won't give you any traces from your server. Your server is a separate process and once it crashed with the segmentation fault (as indicated by the traces), it's already too late to attach the debugger. To investigate the issue you have several options:
    • Enable core files, get your server to crash again and use the debugger to get the stack trace of the crash from the core file created by your server.
    • Start your server under the debugger instead of using the node to activate the server. You'll have to pass the same command line options as the ones the icegridnode is using to start your server, these command line options are mentioned in the traces you posted.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
    Benoit.
  • Thanks

Thank you very much,Benoit.

Regards

ewiniar