Build issue with 3.1

ctennisctennis Caleb TennisOrganization: AEIProject: Project GINAMember ✭✭✭
Hi, this may be something local that I didn't set up right, so if it is please ignore.

I downloaded the 3.1.0 source release and configured it similarly to how i had 3.0.x configured. I start the make process, and it begins to build libIceUtil, but doesn't finish because during the final link it tries to write to "lib/libIceUtil.so.x.x.x", but the lib directory in the source dir doesn't exist.

A similar issue exists for "bin". That is, in order to successfully build I had to mkdir both "bin" and "lib" in the build directory.

Again, possibly something else I overlooked but I thought you might want to know in case it is an issue.

Comments

• benoitbenoit Rennes, FranceBenoit FoucherOrganization: ZeroC, Inc.Project: IceAdministrators, ZeroC Staff ZeroC Staff
    Hi,

The bin and lib directories are in the Ice-3.1.0 source archive and should be created when you untar or unzip the archive. I don't know why it didn't work in your case. Which distribution and tool did you use to unpack the Ice sources?

Cheers,
    Benoit.
  • ctennisctennis Caleb TennisOrganization: AEIProject: Project GINAMember ✭✭✭
    You're certainly right! That's very strange indeed. I just downloaded it again and it has them right there. I just used "tar -xzf" to undo it on Gentoo Linux (with nothing strange installed).

Everything seems to work fine now. No clue why those directories went missing the first time. Sorry for the noise.