Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Ice 3.1 client with an Ice 3.0.1 server?

Should I be able to use a client using Ice 3.1 with a server using Ice 3.0.1? I'm getting this error when I try:
CommandLineClient.exe: Ice.OperationNotExistException: OperationNotExistException
    id.name = "router"
    id.category = "TerkGlacier"
    facet = ""
    operation = "addProxies"
   at IceInternal.ProxyFactory.checkRetryAfterException(LocalException ex, Reference ref, Int32 cnt) in c:\src\vc80\stage\IceCS-3.1.0\src\Ice\ProxyFactory.cs:line 122
   at Ice.ObjectPrxHelperBase.handleException__(LocalException ex, Int32 cnt) in c:\src\vc80\stage\IceCS-3.1.0\src\Ice\Proxy.cs:line 838
   at peer.UserSessionPrxHelper.registerCallbacks(ObjectPrx selfCallbackProxy, ConnectionEventHandlerPrx connectionEventHandlerProxy, Context context__) in D:\CPB\Documents\Work\Projects\TeRKClient\code\c#\CommandLineClient\CommandLineClient\MRPLPeer.cs:line 2688
   at peer.UserSessionPrxHelper.registerCallbacks(ObjectPrx selfCallbackProxy, ConnectionEventHandlerPrx connectionEventHandlerProxy) in D:\CPB\Documents\Work\Projects\TeRKClient\code\c#\CommandLineClient\CommandLineClient\MRPLPeer.cs:line 2666
   at CommandLineClient.run(String[] args) in D:\CPB\Documents\Work\Projects\TeRKClient\code\c#\CommandLineClient\CommandLineClient\CommandLineClient.cs:line 82
   at Ice.Application.main(String[] args, InitializationData initData) in c:\src\vc80\stage\IceCS-3.1.0\src\Ice\Application.cs:line 116

The server is using Ice for Java 3.0.1 (and Glacier). The client is written in C#, using Ice 3.1.0. I searched the docs for both Ice versions and see a few references to addProxies() in the 3.1 docs. But it appears to be called within the Ice core somewhere. Is there a workaround, or am I doing something wrong?

thanks,

chris

Comments

• dwayne
    dwayne St. John's, Newfoundland
    Hi,

Due to interface changes in Ice 3.1 it is not possible to use a 3.1 client with a 3.0.1 Glacier2 server. The reverse will work though, a 3.0.1 client with a 3.1 Glacier2 server.

Regards,
    Dwayne
  • Wow, good to know. Thanks! :)