Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

dynamic replicaGroup registration

Hi,

Im currently looking into creating replica groups at runtime, ive managed to get an adapter dynamically registered with a replica group and have worked out how to dynamically registered well-known objects, but am unable to get an object registered as part of the replica group

How do i tell a dynmically registered object to be part of a dynamically registered replica group?

Comments

• Please let me know your findings when you do. I am sitting across the room and wrecking my brains out too.
  • benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    Hi,

You just need to register the object with the right proxy, i.e.: the adapter id part of the proxy must contain the ID of the replica group. For example, if the replica group ID is "MyReplicaGroup":
       IceGrid::AdminPrx admin = ... obtain admin proxy ...
       admin->addObjectWithType(communicator->stringToProxy("dummy@MyReplicaGroup"), "::Demo::Hello");

If this doesn't answer your question, please provide more information such as how you dynamically register the replica group, the Ice/platform version you're using and the reason why you can't register the well known object.

Cheers,
    Benoit.