Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

automatically run icepatch2server

Assume that there are three computers at our workroom, the first computer is the client of icepatch2 which is used to received patches from the server of icepatch2, the second computer is the server of icepatch2 which is used to send patches to the client of icepatch2, the third computer is the administrative computer which is used to send files to the data directory of the server of icepath2 via ftp. My main purposes is that when the third computer send files to the second computer, the second computer should immediately run the services of icepatch2 and icepatch2server, what can I do?

Now I must manually run the icepatch2calc and icepatch2server when I modify the data directory. Could you please let me know how I can automatically run the icepatch2calc and icepatch2server when the third computer send files to the second computer.

Comments

• matthew
    matthew NL, Canada
    We don't offer a solution to this. This is something that you must administratively setup on your machines. I, however, don't think its that tricky. You could, for example, drop the files into a "working" repository. Then you have a script runs on a regular basis and looks to see whether the files in the working repository and the IcePatch2 repository are different and if so, it terminates the IcePatch2 server (you should not manipulate the IcePatch2 file repository if the IcePatch2 server is running), copies in the new files, runs icepatch2calc and restarts the server.
  • Thank to matthew. I have completed the program which is followed your instructions. In view of efficient execution, we want to run continuously icepatch2server even if update the icepatch2 repository and restart the icepatchcalc. Could you please let me know how to implement the above problem?
  • matthew
    matthew NL, Canada
    You cannot. While you update the repository content and checksums the icepatch2server must be restarted. I don't really understand what problem are you trying to avoid, so its hard to give good advice.