Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

ArgumentOutOfRangeException

Hi!

I have a strange error in one of my applications. The particular function works quite well when returning a quite reasonable amount of data but in some situations, even more data is returned from

nonmutating PageList getRecognitionResult() throws ExtractorException;

with

struct Rectangle
{
int x;
int y;
int w;
int h;
};

struct Block
{
global::Rectangle rect;
string szName;
string szValue;
};

struct Page
{
string szSourceFilename;
string szResultFilename;
BlockList rgBlocks;
};

in this case, about 1000 pages with 8 blocks each.
Unfortunately, I receive an assertion messagebox (error.jpg).
When clicking on ignore, the error message in image error2.png arises. Please note that I did a recompile between the images and did no new screenshot of error.jpg, the code lines might vary.

The bug happens right when returning the value from the C# implementation, thus I see little chance for myself to track down the error.

Hope you can help me!

Best regards,

Stephan

Comments

• Hi Stephan,

as the perpetrator of the code in question, I'd be interested in finding out more about this... ;) Is there any chance for you to put together some self-contained example that reproduces the problem? This would help me a lot in tracking this down. In the mean time, I'll see what I can come up with by inspecting the code.

Thanks,

Michi.
  • Hi Michi!

Sure can I try to create a self-contained application, however, I hope that the same bug will be present in such a cut-down version.

In the meantime (until tonight), would it be helpful for you just to send the original code, i.e. the slice definitions/ generated files and the actual source code of the function in question?

Best regards,

Stephan
  • Thanks for the bug report. The problem only shows up if you happen to exceed Ice.MessageSizeMax while marshaling a string. This will be fixed for the next release.

Cheers,

Michi.