Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

BasicStream.h _currentWriteEncaps assertion failed

hi zeroc:
i have built a server by ice, during test it throwed a exception after runing of 30 hours, the content of the exception is as follows:
assertion failed
ice\BasicStream.h line168 _currentWriteEncaps
i don't have any knowledge about this at all, can you give me some information or suggestion about this exception,thanks very much!

Comments

• matthew
    matthew NL, Canada
    This could either be a bug in the Ice runtime or an application error (such as a concurrency or memory problem). What compiler and operating system are you using? The best way to help us fix this problem is to reproduce the problem in a small self contained example. Is that possible?
  • a potential bug in my program may lead to this exception

matthew:
    thanks for your reply!
    my compiler: ms visual studio 2005
    my os: windows 2003 server
    this exception doesn't occur regularly, so it is difficult to debug and i can't reproduce the problem in a small self contained example.But after i have checked my program carefully again, i found a potential bug in my program, i think this bug may be the reason for the previous exception,test for my new server have been carried out again,.
  • matthew
    matthew NL, Canada
    Great! Let us know if we can be of further assistance.
  • my new server worked well during test

hi:
    my new server worked well during test, the previous exception didn't happen,so i think the previous exception is not the bug of ice runtime.
    thanks for your attention and guidance.