Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

icegridnode: local and remote addresses

Dear ZeroC staff,
I would like to show you just three lines regarding the activity of my network when a client connects to IceGrid looking for a specific server application.
icegridnode: Network: tcp connection established
    local address= 192.168.0.110:2653
    remote address = 192.168.0.110:3031

Whose local address is that? Does this belong to the ICE object instantiated by the server?
I have noticed that the port number changes every time there is a client that initialize a connection to IceGrid.

When an application registered to IceGrid is activated "on-demand", what happen to it when the client disconnect? Does it close o remain open for further connections?
In the case there are multiple clients, does IceGrid executed multiple server?

Thank you very much! I appreciate a lot your help...

With my very best regards

Alberto

Comments

• benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    Hi,

This is a connection from the IceGrid registry to the IceGrid node, you shouldn't worry about it. Among other things, the registry uses this connection to invoke on the node to retrieve endpoints of object adapters. That's why it looks like it's established when a client resolves the endpoint of an indirect proxy with the locator.

The connection lifetime is not bound to Ice clients. It's just like any other Ice connections, it's closed when activation connection management detects it has been iddle for some time (see the Ice manual for more information on ACM).

Cheers,
    Benoit.