Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Ice-E problem with dll

Hello!

My name is Caesar and I´m working on a domotic application for the Univeristy of Extremadura (Spain) using IceE-1.1.0.

I have written a simple MFC client under Visual Studio .Net 2005 and I can build it with no errors and no warnings but when I try to execute on the Device Emulator I get the following error:

"An error occured that usually indicates a corrupt installation (code 0x8007007e) . If the problem persists , repair your VS installation via 'Add Remove' in control panel."

It's not the first time I get this error and I know that is related with missing dlls so I have run depends.exe and I got these results:

COMMCTRL.DLL, COREDLL.DLL, WS2.DLL, EFSADU.DLL, MSJAVA.DLL are missed.

Then, I run depends.exe over the MFC Hello example (that I can execute with no problem in the Device Emulator) included in the IceE demos and got the same results. So I think that dlls are placed "inside" the device.

I don´t know what I´m doing wrong and why the demo works and my program doesn´t work.

I have build it with /MD option and I have set the VC++ directories:
C:\IceE-1.1.0\include where headers files are.
C:\IceE-1.1.0\lib where iceec10.lib is.
C:\IceE-1.1.0\bin where iceec10.dll is.

I have also set up my Path with C:\IceE-1.1.0\bin

I would appreciate any help with this problem.

Thank you very much and excuse my poor English!!! :p

Comments

• matthew
    matthew NL, Canada
    I would carefully compare the IDE settings for your MFC project against the demo example. I'm sure you will find some difference that is the cause of your problem. For example, perhaps you are compiling for the wrong architecture, or using a different runtime library (debug vs. release).