Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

No include path, and No such file or directory

Hi,

I'm trying to use the slice2java command to generate slice definition from some .ice files, but I keep getting the error:

SHSSTypes.ice:4: No include path in which to find Ice/BuiltinSequences.ice

Line 4 in SHSSTypes.ice is:
#include <Ice/BuiltinSequences.ice>

*Update*

Alright I did a find in $ICE_HOME and found Ice/*.ice, so I tried using the -I option to the slice2java command as follows:
slice2java -I $ICE_HOME/slice --output-dir /u/dgresh SHSS.ice SHSSTypes.ice SHSSMonitor.ice

Those three .ice files are the ones I'm trying to generate the slice definition for. When I use the above command however, I get the following error:
SHSS.ice:4: libSHSSIce/SHSSTypes.ice: No such file or directory
SHSS.ice:49: `SHSS::ROISpecSequence' is not defined
SHSS.ice:50: `ROISpecSequence' is not defined

libSHSSIce is the directory all the files I am trying to generate the slice for reside in.

I've also tried setting my CLASSPATH environment variable to the paths listed above, but that did not help.

I'm sure this is a simple matter of me not knowing the proper method to include certain files, but I'm very stuck right now, and it feels like I'm going in circles. If someone can point me in the right direction, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks,
Dan

Comments

• marc
    marc Florida
    I assume ".." == "libSHSSIce", so try this:
    slice2java -I.. -I$ICE_HOME/slice --output-dir /u/dgresh SHSS.ice SHSSTypes.ice SHSSMonitor.ice

• Wow, that was even easier than I expected. Sorry for not thinking of that; it seems quite obvious to me now.

Thanks for the help,
    Dan