Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

how to get an object adapter from the communicator

I have an architecture similar with the ICEBox, but I want to have all objects been registered in one adapter to use same endpoint, but the service objects have been distributed in the seperated dlls. So I want to get the adapter by its name from the communicator, but there is not this kind of method in Communicator. why not place this kind of method into Communicator?

The alternative method is that different adapters use same endpoint. is it supported by ICE 1.2? which thread is work for listen and receive the socket message?

Thanks!

Comments

• If you want to use the same object adapter in several DLLs, then these DLLs must share the same communicator. This means that you already store the communicator somewhere in a global variable. Why not just do the same for the object adapter then?

An object adapter by design has its own endpoints. If you do not wish multiple endpoints, don't use multiple object adapters. What point would there be in multiple object adapters, if they don't even have their endpoints.