Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

java 5 custom sequence mapping warnings

xdm
xdm La Coruña, Spain
I get a javac warning when use java-5 Ice-3.2.0 and custom sequence mapping

java version is Sun JDK 1.5.0.11

Sample Slice
class ObjectMetadata{
            string objectId;
            string content;
            StringMap indexedKeys;
            StringMap storedKeys;
        };
        ["java:type:java.util.ArrayList"]sequence<ObjectMetadata>ObjectMetadataSeq;

Compiler output
generate:
[slice2java] slice2java  --output-dir /home/pepone/proyects/hydra-0.5.5/Services/java/SearchServer/generated -I/opt/Ice-3.2/slice -I/home/pepone/proyects/hydra-0.5.5/Services/slice /home/pepone/proyects/hydra-0.5.5/Services/slice/SearchServer/SearchServer.ice

compile:
    [javac] Compiling 63 source files to /home/pepone/proyects/hydra-0.5.5/Services/java/SearchServer/classes
    [javac] Note: /home/pepone/proyects/hydra-0.5.5/Services/java/SearchServer/generated/Oz/ObjectMetadataSeqHelper.java uses unchecked or unsafe operations.
    [javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.

Is this code safe envent with the warnings or must i use other slice2java options to avoid this warnings?

For use the java-2 mapping is needed to add the --meta java:java2 when compile slice files?

Thanks

Comments

• mes
    mes California
    Is this code safe envent with the warnings or must i use other slice2java options to avoid this warnings?
    The generated code is still safe to use. The Java compiler emits a warning because your metadata uses an untyped container (java.util.ArrayList). You could eliminate this warning by using java.util.ArrayList<ObjectMetadata> instead. Of course, if you are trying to remain compatible with both Java2 and Java5, then you should leave the metadata as it is and simply ignore the warning when compiling with Java5.
    For use the java-2 mapping is needed to add the --meta java:java2 when compile slice files?
    Yes, in Ice 3.2.0 the default mapping uses Java5 types; if you want to generate code that is compatible with Java2, you have to specify that metadata.

Take care,
    - Mark