Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

problem installing IcePy-3.2.1

xdm
xdm La Coruña, Spain
I install the IcePy-3.2.1 source packages in one of my servers , its compile and installs well but whe try to run any test that's impor Ice module I get a error like the following
/opt/IcePy-3.2.1/python/Ice.py:34: RuntimeWarning: 
Python C API version mismatch for module IcePy: 
This Python has API version 1013, 
module IcePy has version 1012.

Any ideas why happen this?

Comments

• mes
    mes California
    It looks like IcePy was compiled against an older version of Python than what is in your PATH. The IcePy build system (see config/Make.rules) looks in a standard location for a Python installation; to force it to use an alternate installation, define the PYTHON_HOME environment variable.

Take care,
    - Mark
  • To whom it may concern, most notably the Debian package maintainer of the ZeroC Ice 3.2.1 distribution:

After the recent upgrade to Kubuntu 8.04, the system default is Python 2.5 and the package 'python-zeroc-ice' installs 'IcePy.so' expressly in directory /usr/lib/python-support/python-zeroc-ice/python2.5. However, this obviously is not correct, because this binary was created against Python API 1012 and can only be used with Python 2.4.

Installing Python 2.4, adding appropriate softlinks into its search paths, and using 'python2.4' instead of vanilla 'python' on the commandline (temporarily) fixes this situation.

Looking forward to an updated package,
    Andreas