Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

XSD to Slice and XML serialization

Hello!

I have designed a set of objects first of all using UML and then I've implemented their design using a set of XSD schemata. These schemata could be used as basis for a set of SOAP services or XMLRPC services. Anyway I would like to attempt an implementation of such objects using Slice in order to provide Ice services. So, my first question is:

1. does it exist a tool that allows to create Slice modules and classes starting from XSD schemata (something like JAXB for Java)?

At the same time, it would be nice to allow an inter-operation between those different kind of services, or, in other words, it would be nice to have a way to serialize Ice objects into XML documents (relative to the said schemata) and vice versa. So, the second question is:

2. does it exist an automatic way to marshal and unmashal Ice objects into/from XML documents?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• xdm
    xdm La Coruña, Spain
    Hi Anhur

1) AFAIK there is not such tool.

2) Automatic XML serialization is not suportted, you need to write same code for made this.

Hope this help
  • Rather it makes me sad... :-(
  • xdm
    xdm La Coruña, Spain
    Hi Arthur

If you can avoid use of Soap/Xml Rpc this must be the best solution.

Define objects and interfaces directly in slice is more natural and simple that use Xml.

Using Xml for intercommunication is CPU const intensive and network bandwidth is bigest that uses directly Ice protocol.
  • Hi xdm.

I cannot avoid it for the time being, because I have to consider the inter-operation with other projects that use technologies involving XML. I could do everything with Slice but I should also convert the external schemata in Slice on my own ( :eek: )!!!
  • Related to this discussion, you might want to read the editorial of issue 25 of our newsletter Connections. It uses COM as an example, but it is just as applicable to bridging between SOAP and Ice.